Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Each morning a few of the attorneys in my office gather around the 7th floor break room table to create a "question of the day". I've seen the process and it's much like making sausage. It's better not to see it being made. This morning Sully was the star.
"What are the highlights of Sullivan Sytsma's first 60 hours?
1. Was 23 minutes old when Hawkeye football team suffered it's first loss during his lifetime.
2. Is already into a perfect nap routine -- after spending the day yesterday on 6th Floor, where ........... (you fill in the rest)
3. Grandparents purchased an investment loft condo for him at Sodmore -- the H-P Dirt Condo community
4. He stopped by DVD store and rented "Up", but fell asleep during the introduction.
5. Objects to parents sending letter of intent on his behalf to ISU to enroll in 2027 engineering class. (He's thinkin Hawks all the way)
6. Is thrilled over Rick's gift to him -- seersucker bib he wore as infant growing up in Kalona
7. Has already logged 100 miles on a bike with his mom and dad
8. After watching Sesame Street is asking for a tattoo of Cookie Monster.
9. When caught taking the family car on a joy ride -- was grounded until age 18.
10. Sends his first text message on his new baby Blackberry"
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Brynna woke up around Saturday morning and her water broke shortly thereafter. She tried waking me up around 4, but as far as I was concerned, it was way to early in the morning and to soon to to have a baby. Finally it hit me, "we're having a baby"!
We got to the hospital at . We were taken straight to our room where Brynna was examined. A few hours later the real contractions kicked in, but as you can see she handled it like a pro. (Brynna: "I had obviously just received epidural and was confused about where I was").
After 11 hours and 48 minutes of labor and 50 minutes of pushing Sullivan was born at 5:36 pm on Saturday November 14, 2009. He weighed 7 lbs 7 oz and was 21" long.
Mommy and Sully happy and healthy!
The happy family! I think he has his father's eyes and his mother's nose.